Saturday, July 21, 2012

On a high! On a high!

This post is like one week overdue already! But every time I remember what happened last Saturday I can't help but smile. I actually feel honored that I was with the boys in the same room when it all occured!

It was PauloNav's *ahem* 21st birthday and he gave me a prod pass to the 1st Philippine Popular Music Festival in PICC. Both of us have been so busy with work and I guess this was the perfect occasion to catch up and spend time with each other.

Karl one of his bandmates sent an entry to Philpop and he was really fortunate to be one of the finalists. Their performance that night would be his last 'hurrah' since he will be going to Singapore to take his MBA. When we were backstage eating, I could feel how nervous he was. I knew he wanted to win so bad.

When they went up on stage to perform the song (with Mark Bautista) - I got surprised that tears just started coming out. The lyrics were beautifully written and with its melody - it totally enhanced the meaning of the song. 'Bawat Hakbang' is a track that anyone can relate to. I knew at that moment they were gonna win. If not the grand prize at least 1st runner up or 2nd runner up.

When all the other contestants were called backstage for the awarding-- wow talk about a small room full of tension! I just started praying that Karl would win.... After announcing the 2nd and 1st runner up, I was still hoping and I knew the boys were too.

God is good all the time :)

Karl Villuga won the Grand Prize of the 1st Philippine Popular Music Featival with the song 'Bawat Hakbang' interpreted by Mark Bautista and the Akafellas. :)

What an awesome birthday gift to Paulo and despidida to Karl (bitter-sweet though). July 14, 2012 is my favorite day of 2012 so far.

I was really blessed to witness all of this! God answers prayers all the time as long as you put your whole heart into it.

Believe it or not - you guys might think I'm overacting but this actually got me in a good mood the entire week. What happened to Karl was really inspiring and I loved it because he never gave up. There should be more people like him in this world - talented yet humble. And the boys displayed the true meaning of brotherhood and friendship because of all the support they gave for this contest. I'm really blessed that I have friends like them in my life.

Once again, God is good all the time. I could not think of a better way to end this entry - let's just say I had this a huge smile on my face from the first letter I typed and until now it's still there! Just watch the video below so that you'll understand why they won! :)



Their finaale performance.


My Inday Moment with Mark Bautista!


Congratulations Karl! So proud of you!



One of my favorite couples - Daryl and RJ!


Happy Birthday Paulo! I love you forever and ever and ever!


The boys before going up on stage. Pogggiiiii!



The envelope - TAKE IT! TAKE IT!


No comments: