Sunday, February 1, 2009

When was the last time you got 'kilig'?

When a friend asked me this question a few weeks ago I didn’t even know what to reply. After reviewing the photos in my camera, I think I found my answer.

We were in the hospital a few weeks ago because my lola had a mild stroke. My Tita would always bring food for the visitors, I guess since my dad would spend more than 8 hours in the hospital during the weekend – he wouldn’t want to eat the same ulam that he had for lunch during dinner. So one Sunday my Auntie offered to prepare dinner for my dad although he politely declined and said “Magdadate nalang kami ni Lulli” (which is my mom).

I kinda found that funny because I don’t remember the last time my dad actually had a ‘date’ with my mom.

He said that he’ll step out for awhile to check on the status of my lola with the doctor/nurses and then the next thing I knew he was gone for more than 30 mins. He came back holding two plastic bags of food. He starts preparing dinner for mama and himself. So this is his the definition of date according to Mr. Bong Vilchez.

Yes. Kinikilig ako for them. Check out the smile of my mom. I wanted to barf.

No comments: